- 400+ patents, PVP's, trademarks, and copyrights issued;
- 700+ IP agreements completed; and
- 60+ company start ups and spin-outs.
- Establishing collaborations and working relationships between industry and each of the research and creative areas of MSU. This includes pursuing industry sponsored research and collaborating on commercial opportunities.
- Licensing the inventions of MSU faculty and researchers to industry and managing the relationship between the University and its licensee partners.
- Serving the economic development arm of the University and working with Montana companies and entrepreneurs to leverage the resources of MSU to the benefit of Montana's economy.
While the primary goal of the MSU Technology Transfer Office (TTO) is to protect and license the intellectual property generated by the faculty, often the inventions disclosed by faculty to the TTO are too early in development to attract licensing interest. One of the best alternatives in this case is to generate interest from a company in collaborating with the investigator on further development of the research. Additionally, industry funding can fill a need when government funding is no longer a good fit as is the case when efforts are shifted away from research towards development.
The TTO has been instrumental in facilitating research collaboration and sponsored research agreements between MSU faculty and leading companies. Recent activities include:
- Kevin McPhee, Plant Sciences & Plant Pathology
- SpeedkoalaBD云加速免费版下载-Speedkoala(百度云不限速 ...:2021-4-11 · SpeedkoalaBD云加速是一款非常强大的百度网盘下载加速器，很多朋友在使用百度云的时候总是会碰到非会员下载非常慢的情况，这时我们就可以使用这款软件，无需开通百度会员便可不限速下载百度云网盘内的所有资源，非常方便!
- Joe Shaw, Electrical & Computer Engineering
- David Sands, Plant Sciences & Plant Pathology
- Stephen Sofie, Mechanical Engineering
- Frances Lefcort, Cell Biology and Neuroscience
- Garrett Moraski, Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Bob Peterson, Land Resources & Environmental Sciences
- Ryan Anderson, Chemical & Biological Engineering
- Randy Babbitt, Physics
The TTO welcomes the opportunity to talk to all faculty about the possibility of seeking industry support for MSU research initiatives. Contact Daniel Juliano at x7483 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research at MSU's Montana Agricultural Experiment Stations has resulted in a patent and license for a wheat pest biocontrol.
A public-private partnership led by Montana State University's TTO has been awarded a 3 year federal grant to create a public-private partnership for growing high tech companies in Montana.
Sustainable Bioproducts is developing a new way to grow protein, sourced from a fungus discovered in Yellowstone National Park by MSU researchers.
Montana State University researchers and their industry partners are advancing a new way to fix leaking oil and natural gas wells: with rock-forming bacteria.
A new program at Montana State University allocates 30% of MSU crop licensing revenue back into crop breeding efforts, improving the sustainability of those programs.
MSU’s biomarker-detecting technology licensed to FYR Diagnostics
【BitComet(比特彗星)和迅雷vip破解补丁哪个好用】BitComet ...:2021-5-24 · BitComet(比特彗星)与迅雷vip破解补丁哪个好用？ZOL下载为您提供BitComet(比特彗星)与迅雷vip破解补丁软件的基础信息，口碑，下载量等软件信息，为您下载软件提供参考。
MSU professor honing genetic scalpel with backing of biotech company
Leading biotech company Amgen has invested in MSU professsor Blake Wiedenheft's startup to fund potentially ground-breaking CRISPR research at MSU.